The varnish we use on our model 405 instruments emulates the exceptional varnishes from a century ago where a small number of master workshops in Markneukirchen, Germany distinguished themselves by developing some of the best varnishes of the modern era. We have employed their varnish recipes and techniques to achieve old world results.
- Entirely hand-crafted from select tonewoods
- Select spruce top and highly flamed maple back, ribs, and scroll
- Hand-applied antique style multi-layer spirit varnish
- Ebony fingerboard, pegs and chinrest
- Stradivari pattern
- Violin available in sizes 4/4 – 1/16 including 7/8