The Leonhardt Workshop, producing qualitiy bowed instruments since 1926, is situated in the small town of Mittenwald, Germany. Rainer W. Leonhardt has a passion for excellent craftsmanship and he is the manager of the renowned Mittenwald Museum of Violin Making. This commitment to tradition explains why hand crafted instruments from the Leonhardt Workshop persuade not only visually and tactilely, but above all in their musical responsiveness and tonal beauty.
These master cellos produce powerful, even tone over the entire range of the instrument.Their ease of response and clear, strong, colorful sound are a treat for the player as well as the audience. Mr. Leonhardt's lifelong background in luthiery, and his access to the finest European tonewoods enable him to achieve these results on each of his professional model cellos.
- Traditionally crafted in Germany by internationally recognized master Rainer Leonhardt
- Outstanding tonewoods from workshop’s old stock
- Classic Italian-style hand-applied oil varnish applied in the United States in the Eastman Strings workshop
- Robust, powerful tone
- Four models available: Stradivari, Montagnana, Goffriller, and Guarneri
- Available in sizes 4/4 only